Effective date: April 10, 2019
1) Residence Bassac COMMITMENT TO PROTECTING PRIVACY
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
When we refer to Residence Bassac in this policy we use “us”, “we”, or “our”, which controls the information Residence Bassac collects when you use the Service (https://www.residencebassac.com website is the “Service”). Residence Bassac is an hotel in the south of Laos and we offer the possibility to book online to make reservations.
2) SCOPE OF APPLICATION
In this charter, “ Residence Bassac ” is:
Business code : 16-00005210 411 6 (l/2)
with a registered office located at Ban Haysok, Chanthabouly District BP 5467 Vientiane, Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Tel.: +856 (0)30 540 75 87
When staying in our hotel, your personal data will be dealt with Residence Bassac acting as Data Controllers for their own, separate, purposes. In summary:
Residence Bassac will collect the data necessary to organise your stay in our hotel
Residence Bassac will process your data to manage its contractual relationship with you (invoicing, payment, booking management etc.), to perform marketing activities and to comply with its legal obligations.
We will do our upmost to ensure that all hotels comply with the applicable data protection laws and this charter in relation to the processing of your personal data.
3) Residence Bassac’ PRINCIPLES FOR PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with applicable regulations, in particular the European General Data Protection Regulation, we have instituted the following ten principles throughout Residence Bassac :
Lawfulness: We use personal data only if:
we obtain the consent of the person, OR
- it is necessary to do so for the performance of a contract to which the person is a party, OR
- it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, OR
- it is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the person, OR
- we have a legitimate interest in using personal data and our usage does not adversely affect the persons’ rights
Fairness: We can explain why we need the personal data we collect.
Purpose limitation and data minimisation: We only use personal data that we really need. If the result can be achieved with less personal data, then we make sure we use the minimum data required.
Transparency: We inform people about the way we use their personal data
We facilitate the exercise of the people’s rights: access to their personal data, rectification and erasure of their personal data and the right to object to the use of their personal data
Storage limitation: We retain personal data for a limited period
We ensure the security of personal data, i.e. its integrity and confidentiality.
If a third party uses personal data, we make sure it has the capacity to protect that personal data.
If personal data is compromised (lost, stolen, damaged, unavailable…), we notify such breaches to the respective country’s responsible authority and to the person concerned, if the breach is likely to cause a high-risk in respect of the rights and freedoms of this person.
For any questions concerning the ten principles of Residence Bassac data protection policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4) WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
At various times, we may collect information about you and/or the persons accompanying you, including the following:
- Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email)
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality)
- Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age)
- Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- Information contained on a form of identification (such as ID card, passport or driver licence)
- Your arrival and departure dates
- Your preferences and interests (for example preferred type of room, food and beverages preferences, etc.)
- Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of Residence Bassac
- Technical and location data you generate as a result of using our websites.
We collect information of adults which are more than 18 years old. We would be grateful if you could ensure that your children do not send us any personal data without your consent (particularly via the Internet). If such data is sent, you can contact the Data Privacy department to arrange for this information to be deleted.
In order to meet your requirements or provide you with a specific service (such as dietary requirements), we may have to collect sensitive information, such as information concerning race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, union membership, or details of health or sexual orientation. In this case, we will only process this data if you provide your express prior consent.
5) WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including:
- Booking a room
- Checking-in and paying
- Hotel stays and services provided during a stay
- Eating/drinking at the hotel bar or restaurant during a stay
- Requests, complaints and/or disputes.
- Transmission of information from third parties:
- Tour operators, travel agencies (online or not), GDS reservation systems and others
- Connection to Residence Bassac website (IP address, cookies)
- Online forms (online reservation, questionnaires, Residence Bassac pages on social networks, social networks login devices such as Facebook login, etc.).
6) WHAT PURPOSES IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED FOR AND HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN IT?
The table below sets out why we process your data, the lawful basis for the processing and the associated retention period:
Meeting our obligations to our customers :
- Managing the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests, in particular the creation and storage of legal documents in compliance with accounting standards.
Managing your stay at the hotel:
- Managing access to rooms
- Monitoring your use of services (telephone, bar, pay TV etc.)
Managing our relationship with customers before, during and after your stay:
- Inputting details into the customer database
- Predicting and anticipating future customer behaviors
- Developing statistics, commercial scores and carrying out reporting of the same
- Understanding and managing the preferences of new or repeat customers
Improving our hotel service by:
- Personalising your check-in, improving the quality of service and customer experience
- Adapting our products and services to better meet your requirements
Securing and enhancing your use of Residence Bassac website and services by:
- Improving navigation;
- Maintenance and support; and
- Implementing security and fraud prevention.
Securing properties and persons and preventing non-payments.
Conforming to any applicable legislation (for example, storing of accounting documents), including:
- Managing data subject’s requests regarding their personal data.
10 years from the booking in accordance with legal obligations.
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest.
Necessary for our legitimate interest in running our business and providing you with requested products and services.
7) CONDITIONS OF THIRD-PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Residence Bassac operates in Lao People’s Democratic Republic and have customers from many countries. Thus, we have to share your personal data with internal and external recipients subject to the following conditions:
We share your data with a number of authorised people in order to offer you the best experience in our hotels. The following teams may have access to your data:
- Hotel staff
- Reservation staff using Residence Bassac reservation tools
- IT departments
- Commercial partners
- Medical services if applicable
- Legal services if applicable
Generally, any appropriate person within Residence Bassac entities for certain specific categories of personal data.
Data are used to improve the quality of service and your. In this context, your data is processed jointly by Residence Bassac. In order to pursue this legitimate interest, whilst safeguarding your rights and liberties, a specific joint controllership agreement describes the obligations and responsibilities of Residence Bassac. You may, at any time, object to the sharing of this by contacting us at email@example.com.
With service providers and partners: your personal data may be sent to a third party for the purposes of supplying you with services and improving your stay, for example:
Commercial partners: Residence Bassac may, unless you specify otherwise to the Data Privacy department, enhance your profile by sharing certain personal information with its preferred commercial partners. In this case, a trusted third party may cross-check, analyse and combine your data.
With local authorities: We may be obliged to send your information to local authorities if this is required by law or as part of an inquiry. We will ensure that any such transfer is carried out in accordance with local regulations.
8) DATA SECURITY
Residence Bassac takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions (in particular: Art. 32 GDPR), to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, alteration or loss misuse and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. To this end, we have taken technical measures and organizational measures to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services. In relation to the submission of credit card data when making a reservation, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology is used to guarantee a secure transaction. Organizational measures ensure the security of the processing.
These tracers may be installed on your device depending on the preferences that you expressed or may express at any time in accordance with this policy.
Why have a cookies policy?
With a view to provide information and ensure transparency, hotel Residence Bassac established this policy so that you can learn more about:
The origin and purpose of the information processed when you browse www.residence-bassac.com.
Your rights with regard to cookies and other tracers used by hotel Residence Bassac.
What is a cookie?
Cookies and other similar tracers are packets of data used by servers to send status information to a user’s browser and return status information to the original server through this same browser.
The status information can be a session identifier, a language, an expiration date, a response field or other types of information.
During their validity period, cookies are used to store status information when a browser accesses various pages of a website or when the browser returns to this website at a later point.
There are different types of cookies:
- Session cookies, which are deleted as soon as you exit the browser or leave the website
- Persistent cookies, which remain on your device until their expiration or until you delete them using the features of your browser
Cookies strictly necessary for browsing the www.residence-bassac.com and the ability to use all of their features, and intended in particular to:
- Manage authentication of website visitors and the associated security measures, and ensure proper functioning of the authentication module
- Optimize the user experience and facilitate browsing, in particular determining “technical routes” for browsing
- Store information regarding the “cookies” information banner seen by website visitors who then continue to browse the website after agreeing to accept cookies on their device
- Implement security measures (for example, when you are asked to log in again for content or a service after a certain period of time, or to ensure basic operation of www.residence-bassac.com and use of their major technical features, such as monitoring of performance and browsing errors, management of user sessions, etc.)
Cookies for features intended in particular to:
- Adapt www.residence-bassac.com to the display preferences of your device (language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configuration and settings of the display of web pages based on the device you are using and its location, etc.)
- Store specific information that you enter on www.residence-bassac.com in order to facilitate and customize your subsequent visits (including displaying the visitor’s first and last names if the visitor has a user account)
- Allow you to access your personal pages more quickly by storing the login details or information that you previously entered
Cookies for visitor tracking are aimed at improving the comfort of users by helping us understand your interactions with www.residence-bassac.com (most visited pages, applications used, etc.); these cookies may collect statistics or test different ways of displaying information in order to improve the relevance and usability of our services.
Advertising cookies are intended to (i) offer you, in advertising spaces, relevant, targeted content that may be of interest to you (best offers, other destinations, etc.) based on your interests, browsing behavior, preferences, and other factors, and (ii) reduce the number of times that the advertisements appear.
Affiliate cookies identify the third-party website that redirected a visitor to www.residence-bassac.com.
Social network cookies, set by third parties, allow you to share your opinion about and content from www.residence-bassac.com on social networks (for example, the “Share” or “Like” application buttons for social networks).
We recommend that you read the policies of these social networks to familiarize yourself with how they use the browsing information they may collect, especially with regard to advertising. These policies must specifically allow you to make choices on these social networks, particularly by configuring your user accounts for each of them.
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. Also, when you first visit the www.residence-bassac.com, you are asked whether you agree to the installation of this type of cookie, which is only activated after your acceptance.
This process is supported by means of an information banner on the home page of the www.residence-bassac.com, which informs you that by continuing to browse, you are agreeing to the installation of cookies that require consent on your device.
You can change your mind at any time using the various methods described in section “Deleting and/or blocking cookies”.
Deleting and/or blocking cookies
You have several options for deleting cookies and other tracers.
- Browser settings
Although most browsers are set by default to accept cookies, you can, if you desire, choose to accept all cookies, always block cookies, or choose which cookies to accept based on their senders.
You can also set your browser to accept or block cookies on a case-by-case basis before they are installed. Your browser also allows you to regularly delete cookies from your device. Remember to configure all the browsers in your different devices (tablets, smartphones, computers, etc.).
Regarding management of cookies and your preferences, configuration varies for each browser. This is described in the Help menu of your browser, as well as how to edit your preferences with regard to cookies. For example:
For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
For Safari™: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/cookies
Saving a cookie to your device depends on your wishes, which you can exercise and change at any time and free of charge using the settings offered by your browser software.
If your browser is set to accept cookies on your device, the cookies embedded in the pages and content that you view may be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your device. They can only be read by their issuer.
However, you can set your browser to block cookies. Keep in mind that if you set your browser to block cookies, some features, pages and spaces on www.residence-bassac.com will not be accessible, and we cannot be held responsible in this case.
10) YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to obtain information about and access your personal data collected by Residence Bassac, subject to applicable legal provisions. Also you have the right to have your personal data rectified, erased or have the processing of it restricted. Furthermore you have the right to data portability and to issue instructions on how your data is to be treated after your death.
In the event that you wish to exercise any of your above rights, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the address below:
Asia Safari Laos
Ban Haysok, Chanthabouly District
BP 5467 Vientiane
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
For the purposes of confidentiality and personal data protection, we will need to check your identity in order to respond to your request. In case of reasonable doubts concerning your identity you may be asked to include a copy of an official piece of identification, such as an ID card or passport, along with your request. A black and white copy of the relevant page of your identity document is sufficient.
All requests will receive a response as swiftly as possible.
We may modify this charter from time to time. Consequently, we recommend that you consult it regularly, particularly when making a reservation at one of our hotels.
12) QUESTIONS AND CONTACTS
For any questions concerning Residence Bassac personal data protection policy, please contact us at email@example.com